Queen’s Gate School was founded in 1891 by Miss Eleanor Beatrice Wyatt in her parents’ home in nearby Stanhope Gardens. The following year, the School moved to 132 Queen’s Gate, later expanding into the adjacent houses at 131 and 133. In May 2005, the School acquired 125 and 126 Queen’s Gate and refurbished it to a high standard as accommodation for Junior School pupils.
As a Charitable Trust the School’s work is overseen by a Board of Governors, some of whom are current parents and others past parents, all drawn from a variety of professions and each bringing a wealth of expertise to Queen’s Gate.
The School has over 500 pupils, some 350 of whom are in our Senior School. Apart from PE and Games, girls in the Senior School do not wear uniform , but are required to follow a dress code. Girls in the Junior School wear pieces of uniform including blazers and boater hats through the year.
Old Girls include Her Royal Highness, The Duchess of Cornwall; actresses Vanessa Redgrave, Tilda Swinton and Geraldine Somerville. Please click here for more information on our notable alumnae.
Pupils are drawn from a wide catchment area including Notting Hill, Holland Park, Fulham, Chiswick, Chelsea, Pimlico, Battersea and St John’s Wood.