Careers and Citizenship Lessons in the Sixth Form
Each year group (UVI and LVI) is in three groups, rotating between: Careers, Current Affairs, Citizenship.
The syllabus is taught for the Autumn and Spring Terms. In the Summer Term LVI have only Careers lessons; UVI have individual tutorials based on need.
For more information on the careers lessons, please see the Careers page. Current Affairs lessons are based on a review of newspapers for that week and a discussion of topical issues arising. Citizenship lessons cover the following topics:
- Public speaking and persuasion: revisit debating techniques
- Study skills: organisation of time, notes. Effective private study
- Revision and memory
- Democracy and Parliament
- Politics in the UK
- World conflict and the role of the UN
- The judicial system: law and the courts
- Britain: a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic society
- Science and society
- Capitalism and consumerism
- A right to happiness?